Roles and Responsibilities
1. Coaches must respect the rights’ dignity and worth of each and every person and treat
each equally within the context of the sport.
2. Coaches must place the well being and safety of each player above all other
considerations, including the development of performance.
3. Coaches must operate within the rules and spirit of the sport of football promoting fair
play over ‘winning at any cost’ and encourage players to do the same.
4. Coaches must familiarize themselves with and adhere to all rules and regulations of the
respective leagues and with the Rules of FIFA.
5. Coaches must develop an appropriate working relationship with each player based on
mutual trust and respect.
6. Coaches must maintain high standards of integrity, sportsmanship and adopt responsible
behaviour in all interactions.
7. Coaches must not exert undue influence to obtain personal benefit or reward.
8. Coaches must respect the decisions of officials and referees and must not attempt to influence the officials or abuse them verbally or physically for their decisions and actions.
9. Coaches must encourage and guide players to accept responsibility for their own behaviour
10. Coaches must ensure that the activities they direct or advocate is appropriate for the age,
maturity, experience and ability of players.
11. Coaches should, at the outset, clarify with the player (and, where appropriate, their
parents) exactly what is expected of them and also what they are entitled to expect from their coach.
12. Coaches must co-operate fully with other specialists (e.g. other coaches, officials, sports scientists, doctors, and physiotherapists) in the best interests of the player.
13. Coaches must always promote the appropriate Code of Conduct and positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play) to players, parents and spectators alike.
14. Coaches must never condone violations of the Laws of the Game, behaviour contrary to the spirit of the Laws of the Game or relevant rule and regulations or the use of the prohibited substances or techniques.
15. Coaches must always actively discourage foul play, or any unsportsmanlike behaviour by players at all times on and off the field.
16. Coaches should not tolerate harmful or abusive behaviour by players or spectators and remove from the field any player(s) whose behaviour is not acceptable and breaches this
Code of Conduct.
17. Coaches must display control and courtesy to all involved with the game of football.
18. Coaches must develop their team’s respect for their opponent’s ability.
19. Coaches must consistently display high standards of behavior and experience and be a role model for players, parents and spectators.
20. Coaches must ensure that all decisions and actions contribute to a safe and harassment
21. Coaches must ensure that parents and supporters follow the code of conduct including
guidelines on cameras and videos.
22 Coaches are responsible for their team, including; player/team discipline, attendance
policy, sportsmanship and respect. Any issues arising with individual players should be brought up with the Head Coach.
23 Coaches must arrive 30 minutes prior to the arrival of players at training and on match days.
24 Coaches assume responsibility for any club equipment used.
25 Coaches must carry their bags with 1 first aid kit to all games and are fully responsible for all equipment therein.
26 Coaches are to follow the field allocations on training.
27 Players should be briefed before training on the session objective and debriefed after each session, so they understand their learning goals.
28 Coaches must take their monthly session plans for training.
29 Coaches must submit match reports after each tournament or league games.
30 Coaches should report any parent interference to the Head Coach who will aim to deal with the situation.
Coaches failing to adhere to the codes / rules 1-21 may be liable for instant dismissal.
Coaches failing to adhere to the expectations / rules 22-30, will be supported by the Head coach in reaching these objectives. Disciplinary action could include, but is not limited to the following:
Action by BFA that may include suspension or termination of contract.